Monday, January 2, 2012

Getting Real: 21 Day Sugar Detox Day 2

WOD: Tabata Kettlebell swings (was able to do the full swing this time). Power Snatch 4x5 at 55#.  3 rounds for time of 30 In Place Lunges with 25#plate overhead, 12 chest to bar pull ups, 30 knee ups. 
4pm Crossfit Endurance:  C2 Row (SS Tue): 3-5 x 1000m, rest 3:00 between, hold splits within 2-3 seconds and more work on the Power Snatch with pvc pipe.




 On the Winnie the Pooh plate is Cave Babies Lunch. Shredded Cabbage, hard boiled egg, tomatoes and fajita chicken.  It's taken time, but they are starting to get the hang of this.

Breakfast ~ 2 eggs, baked ham. Wasn't very hungry this morning so I ate light. After the 9am WOD I had 2 scoops ARM, Lunch ~ 1/2 sweet potato, 1C green beans, Chicken & peppers covered in guacamole. ( I only ended up eating half of my lunch.. again wasn't very hungry and had just chugged the ARM.)Snack ~ a few sweet potato chips and 1/2 green shake. Dinner ~ left over lunch. It looks like there's a lot of sweet potato in there, but it ended up being only a half because I ate it in parts.




Last night I got hit with the fear factor. That little nagging voice inside that wants me to believe I can't do this.. that it will never work for me... that I'll put myself out there and will be rejected and no one will care what I'm doing or thinking...

You know, if I had a friend who talked to me like I talk to myself, I wouldn't keep that friend. I really need to find a way to make my self talk more positive. I think I'm my own worst enemy, and if my past keeps ruining my present I'm never going to be anything more than the victim it would like me to remain.

Fear.

It's paralyzing.       It keeps me from greatness.     It shows up when I'm working out ~ when I start to push harder than is comfortable, that voice screams at me to stop because I might fail.
(picture by Amber Patrick)

Yes! I might fail.     But have I surrounded myself with people who would walk away from me because I failed? Or have I surrounded myself with people who will cheer me on while I complete my task? Or encourage me when I don't feel like I can do it?

 I believe I am surrounded by those who don't see me as the failure I see myself - so a huge part of this journey is learning to see myself as others see me. And more importantly, to know that I am loved. Even if people fail me, I am loved.

3 comments:

  1. Love this post! This is exactly what I was dealing with today...doubt and fear. You are amazing and you will succeed! You already have by just starting the journey:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It tells us in multiple repeat in the bible, "Fear not" Post those scriptures around you and in your heart and mind. Fear is a tool of Satan to crush our spirits. We only ever truly fail when we don't try and you are out there doing it right now. So, you can not possibly fail because you have already beaten the compulsion not to even start. GO STRONG my friend. Much Love, Amy-Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your encouragement. I feel like I have something to say, but it's nice when that is validated :)

    ReplyDelete