Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Getting Real: 21 Day Sugar Detox Day 4

Earn it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it today.
Nothing about this journey  addiction struggle with learning to eat healthy is easy.

Yesterday I felt energized.       Positive.
A girl with a plan.

Today I just want a freakin' piece of chocolate~! Let's be honest, some days are good and some days are like today. Nothing about them is easy.

It wasn't easy to go to the gym. I earned every bit of that workout today.  It wasn't easy choosing to eat healthy for lunch. I earned it.

How often do we want things to come easily and as a result of it being difficult or uncomfotable, we give up  
or we chose not to put the effort into it...

How many times have you sold yourself short because you weren't willing to put the effort into earning that dream? 



Today you have the choice. Today I have the choice.  Chose to earn it. Chose to take the difficult path that others aren't taking. Chose to go against the grain, against the movement, against your own believed lies - and make your own path.      I believe you can do it.    Now go forth.. and um,   Earn It !



Today's workout:  
 Jumprope 5 min. Double Unders(for me I'm still trying to work my ankle, so I'm getting back to being able to jump for 1 min at a time.)
Skill: Squat Power Clean (worked up to 75# with a full deep squat finally!)
WOD:  'NATE'  (my first hero workout)20min. AMRAP   2 muscle ups, 4 handstand pushups, 8 kettlebell swings 1.5pd (Russian Swing)
http://www.crossfit.com/mt-archive2/003348.html

   I was feeling emotionally down, so my workout was pretty lack-luster. I did muscle ups with false grip from my knees and held for 2 seconds at the top. During round 4 of the handstand push ups I couldn't get back up from the so I started doing negative on the way down, and then dropped and started over.    9 rounds total.

Breakfast ~ Bacon, 2egg fritata,
Snack ~ post workout, 2 scoops ARM
Lunch ~baked ham, 2 fried eggs, almonds
Snack ~ 1 C carrot juice ( carrots, 1/2 apple,pineapple, avacado, few grapes)
Dinner ~ grilled pork chops (Cave man rocks the grill, btw), green beans:

4pm Crossfit Endurance workout ~ 3 rounds 1000m row, 3 min. rest   2:14 average pace. Brutal!


Motivational Video for today ~ Burpee back handsprings. Oh yeah. http://vimeo.com/34392386

Motivational Blog for today ~https://www.facebook.com/thefoodee

Recipe of the day~ This one's for you Bobby :)   http://fastpaleo.com/bacon-beef-burger/ Bacon Beef Burger

No comments:

Post a Comment