Sunday, January 1, 2012

http://paleoonabudget.com/2011/12/29/steakasparagus/

steak+asapargus-1



Ingredients:
• Steak – Use either steak tips or get a piece of it and cut it up {which is what I did}
• 1 bag frozen Asparagus {I believe it was 8oz}
• Handful or so of frozen pepper strips
• 1 bunch of scallions
• Lettuce
• Sea Salt + Pepper
• Thyme + cumin
• Olive Oil + Apple Cider Vinegar
• Some sorta fat source, clarified butter, bacon fat, ghee, or coconut oil… take your pick!
How To:
• In a large skillet heat up your fat {I used clarified butter}. Toss in your asparagus {I snapped them in half}, your chopped up scallions, and pepper strips.
• When those are almost all the way heated, add in your steak.
• While those are becoming friends, add in your spices and wee bit of Apple Cider Vinegar.
• I chopped up my lettuce at this point.
• When your stir fry is all set, put it on top of your salad, dress with some more pepper and your oil + Vinegar.
It’s done! That was it.. easy right? You could totally use fresh ingredients. But I saved almost $6.00 {and a lot of time} by using the frozen pepper strips and the frozen asparagus! Also, if you have lemon on hand replace that with the Apple Cider Vinegar and you’ll get an even more summery dish!
This would also be great to do over a bed of Cauliflower rice or with a side of roasted veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment